With the polishing pads Velcro backing easily attach and center the Soft Buff Foam Polishing Pad to the Dual Action Polisher’s (sold separately) backing plate.
Before working on a car with Meguiar’s Soft Buff Foam Polishing Pad, begin by washing and drying the car thoroughly. If surfaces are rough to the touch, clay the car using Meguiar’s Smooth Surface Clay Kit first. For swirls and scratches use Meguiar’s Soft Buff Cutting Pad and Ultra Cut Compound before polishing.
How to use polishing pad to apply car polish
1. Attach the pad to the Dual Action Polisher.
2. Apply a strip of Meguiar’s, Mirror Glaze 105, Ultra Cut Compound or Meguiar’s Ultimate Compound directly onto the yellow polishing pad.
3. Place the face of the pad flat on the paint. Turn on the drill and begin buffing with moderate pressure in an overlapping pattern while keeping the pad flat against the paint at all times.
4. Work a small section at a time. Apply additional Ultimate Polish as needed.
5. Before moving on to the next section, use Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel to wipe away any product residue before it dries.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle.
7. Follow up with any Meguiar’s wax, like of Meguiar’s, Mirror Glaze 205, Finishing Polish or Ultimate Wax.
Follow the link for more Reviews, Specifications and Price on Amazon.com
Meguiar's 6.5 Buffing Foam Finishing Pad
Dual Action Polisher (sold separately, with the Soft Buff Foam Finishing Pad you can easily and quickly shine and protect a vehicle’s paint. Meguiar's Soft Buff Foam Finishing Pad pampers paint finishes and helps to restore a high gloss to surfaces.
Each pad features an exclusive foam cell structure to improve air flow. Pad changes are easy with the Velcro backing system.
- Foam pampers surface finishes
- Restores high gloss to surfaces
- Backing system allows quick and easy pad changes
- Foam cell structure improves air flow
Meguiars 6.5 Soft Buff Velcro Back Foam Polishing Pad
Yellow Polishing Pad 6.5"- This pad has mild cutting action and should be used to apply polishes to newer vehicles finish. It removes minor surface imperfections and restores an attractive luster to your paint. Use with a mild swirl remover or fine polish. You can also use it for wax application, but do not use the same pad for different products. This pad is safe for clear coats.
- Active polishing removes minor surface imperfections
- Restores high gloss
- Exclusive foam cell structure improves air flow
- Quick change Hook & Loop backing system
- 6.5 inch pad for easy access to smaller areas